Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Revisiting the Land of the Dead

I spent an entire 8 hour day shooting the many miraculous and mesmerizing tombs of New Orleans.  I was planning on shooting a few spots in Savannah, but with the rising crowds of St. Paddy's Day, the biggest local holliday, Lauren at Defining Art and I decided to concentrate on an interesting abandoned site and the famous Bonaventure Cemetary.  I'm usually not drawn to the sites that pull the majority of the population to visit, but I stepped whole-heartedly into the moss-strewn blossoming arms of this simultaneously ghostly and hope-filled.  This was my first time modeling for infared and I had always wanted to explore this medium after shooting the military grade film of yesteryear.  I hoped my veins might create some interesting patterns through my then transluscent skin (now clouded by a bit tan)  Look for these, possibly, in the future.
I also got this image recently from Bill Ballard and was infatuated with the mood - a side I think has never been caught on camera before:

No comments:

Post a Comment