Monday, May 14, 2012

Savoring the Rations: Late 1940s Perspective

Thanks to Julia of Eastport, ME; I left the state with a fabulous vintage wardrobe.  Her friend's shop was going out of business, and she was more than happy to place heels, capes, dresses, gloves, and even pantyhose in my capable hands.  This was a brief "lunch" set I did with Craig Dean.  We usually take a lunch break, with fantastic concoctions and deserts straight from Craig's recipe book and memory from time aboard sea-going vessels around China, Cuba, and Eastern Europe.  These inevitable lead to Romni, Latin, and many other vibes.  Sometimes my wardrobe evokes its own set, as in this case when Arthur Cadieux, a serious painter in his own right, loaned his bay-side kitchen, which was probably in full swing at the time I set out to invoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment